Live All Bets Blackjack Review
Playtech has a number of Blackjack variants in its Live Dealer lobby to tempt keen players, but if you enjoy adding plenty of side betting to your main battle to beat the Dealer then its All Bets Blackjack table could well be your number one choice.
Before we get into the detail of the side betting that is the key bonus attraction of this table, let’s take a quick look at the overall presentation of this game and its core Blackjack rules. Firstly, you’ll find Playtech’s technology delivers a very elegant interface to play this game, with excellent video quality from its studios to complete the experience of playing a real table with a real Dealer managing the cards.
Secondly the core game is a European rules Blackjack format with an eight-deck shoe, Blackjack paying 3/2 and a very agreeable target RTP of 99.46% assuming good basic strategy. The set is a little ‘TV studio’ rather than real-world club for our tastes, but it’s not a reason to head for the exit unless you’re very anal about an authentic recreation of a Bond-esque, salon privé casino setting.
Turning our attention to All Bet’s true raison d’être, you’ll find this Blackjack offers six alternative side bets to play per hand. These have been picked as a smorgasbord of some of the most popular side bets with real-world players, and you can choose any combination of them to garnish your main bet if you so wish.
The list is:
- Buster – A side bet that pays out on the Dealer going bust, with the number of cards they’ve drawn influencing the payout
- Lucky Lucky – A side bet focused on the Player’s initial deal and Dealer’s upcard forming one of a set of ranked combinations
- 21+3 – A side bet focused on the Player’s initial deal and Dealer’s upcard forming a three-card poker hand ranking of Flush or better
- Top 3 – A side bet focused on the Player’s initial deal and Dealer’s upcard forming a three-card poker hand ranking of Three-of-a-Kind or better (i.e. the Top 3 rankings of the 21+3 option)
- Perfect Pairs – A side bet that pays if the Player’s / Dealer’s first two cards are a Pair, with separate bets possible on the Player’s and Dealer’s hands
Side bets are a contentious issue amongst keen Blackjack players. Some view them as pointless, poor value distractions that dilute the purity of proper Blackjack play. Others love the chance to dial in the potential for some bonus pays per hand that can far exceed the maximum 3/2 payout of the core game.
If you fall into the latter camp then All Bets Blackjack is going to be manna from gaming heaven, and this Live Dealer version is a wonderful way to add the extra frisson of a real deal to win you over.
Click ‘Play Game’ for the best Playtech Live All Bets Blackjack casino.